The evaluation is a three step process designed to understand who the athlete is, what the athlete can do and what the athlete wants. It is crucial to understand this in order to create a program that is productive for each athlete at PSP. This process is needed for every athlete, no matter the experience they may have.
- Health History - gain an idea of any major medical issues along with normal medical questionnaire
- Needs Analysis - getting to know the athlete and what they need for themselves and for their sport or sports they are playing. Talking about their experience on the field and off and how strength and conditioning has or has not played a role.
- Movement and Sport testing
- Movement testing using a battery of tests in which we can see how the athlete moves with regards to stability, balance, core strength, posture, mobility and flexibility, power, and strength.
- Sport specific testing is using things within their sport to gauge what needs to be worked on. (For example: pro agility for baseball players, vertical jump and broad jump for volleyball players.)